View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM

Re: something new about this legalities

[quote=Rockrz;100049]Ever notice how some songs have a few lyrics that are wrong, or where the music has sections that are a little different from the original version?

Quote:
This is what karaoke companies do when an artist (or their publisher) refuses to give authorization for their songs to be made into karaoke.
in my opinion, i don't think that's true, otherwise most of these cdg companies would be doing this, i think they are not paying or may not have enough funds to pay the original producers/artist.and that is just my opinion, and i dont mean to imply anything.

Quote:
Supposedly, this is perfectly legal when a certain percentage of the song/ music is different from the original.
no matter how little percentage of the songs/ music they changed, it's still not legal for them to change it.if you look at most of the songs on every disc they produced ,they always list the name of the original artist,
how would we know who did the songs on some of the older songs, without them putting the name of the artist on the label

Last edited by billyo; March 28th, 2010 at 12:17 PM.