Thread: Runtime Error
View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfountai View Post
ddouglas
I thought I had to convert to kma because on my Vista machine there is a 20+- second delay with clicking the play and seeing the screen. I am just starting to use 4.11 on the Vista.

I thought I read a thread that said the problem for the delay was because my files were in zip format (mp3+g). When I installed the Hoster 4.11 it asked If the zip files were to be converted to kma, I clicked ok. It converted what I had on the computer to kma and it did not delete the zip which was ok. But the kma files do not have the file info that is recognizable, like name & artist as the zip did.

I've done all the Windows updates and have been working on defrag for a few hours now in hopes that could be the solution.

I also have an XP machine that is my main machine that I use out with Hoster 3.2 using zip files. I dread the thought of having to convert all my zips to kma if I don't have to.
Ihope this is not getting confusing
First I moved your other posts that you had put in Microstudio Help forum to a new thread in Hoster Help. Look in there for my answer and questions. Songverter is not the answer for your problem.

When you import ( Hoster) or Convert (Songverter) to KMA then the file names are shortened to DiskID-Track.KMA. The original files are not changed or disturbed in any way. So you can still play them in other programs looking them up by filename as you wish.
When you use Hoster to play them then you use the BookID (if known) to add them or you use the search to look for the song title or artist. Because of the database built in Hoster is faster to use for looking up a song than trying to peruse the folder to find the right song.
What I said in the other thread on this is that if they are imported (or converted as 4.11 did) then the files in the zip are extracted first and then it is imported. So none of those KMA files are zipped any longer. They should not be giving you that large a delay anymore.
If I remember correctly back in 3.2 and all the way upto the 3.3xx versions You had to play zip files by adding them from the main screen. In the later 3.3xx versions you could import zipped karaoke files into Hoster. At that point the import process rapped a KMA header around the zip file and called it a KMA file, but they still had to be unzipped by the Hoster before they would play. In 4.xx this was changed to first unzip them before importing and import them in their original format. This is why if you had some you imported as ZIP in earlier version then version 4.xx would want to remove the zip and re-import without that, thus making it faster for Hoster to start playing.
Therefore, if you have not imported all those ZIP files into Hoster then now is the time to do it. Hoster will then create the KMA file in the format needed and will not alter or change the original file.