View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2003, 05:17 AM

Hi.
Further to my earlier posts: Please allow me to update and correct some of the 5.5 observations. A few things changed: Bear in mind, since 1989 our MTU machines have been in CONSTANT use.. Hardly ever off, but does get rebooted each day at least once. Ironically, this morning when we switched on, while trying to show my returning collegue my findings.. a lot of what I said changed a bit.

EQ: Today it worked. But still if you click preview too many times, or perhaps too fast (dunno), it throws a wobbler and induces that horrible noise.. but it can be undone. Nonetheless, it worked, which it hasnt up until now.. Dunno why it suddenly decided to go for it.

Admin note: Absolute proof that it is NOT Microeditor that is changing. It is your windows setup. I have no suggestions other than live with it. Don't install any other software on the same computer. Gut it and reinstall Windows XP from scratch, then install Microeditor and MicroCD and don't add anything else. What else can I say. Interactions between programs under XP is excruciatingly painful. We see this in the Karaoke software we are spending our time fixing. XP, 2000, 98, ME are all DOGS! Give me the old Windows 3.1 any day and ME would work flawlessly!

AMP ZONE: This is pretty much the same but The note about moving markers after setting them, causes the parameters to reset to zero. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN today. It allowed the zone to be altered and kept the settings.

Admin note: Read the manual and understand the defaults. If it is not pilot error, it is your system installation.

Perhaps tomorrow, my original postings will be again valid.
The only change since I posted, I have enabled to on-board sound card and stuck some cheapo speakers in.. and all beautiful! MTU projects on the main monitors.. and any little .wav fiddles I wanna do in SF..before importing them back to the project I can now hear on those titchy creatives (which sound absolutely amazing funny enough)

Admin note: Be caredful using a Creative Sound Blaster Live card. We are finding it to grossly affects other programs... including the video display! Go figure that one out. You can read about this in the Microstudio Help Forum, and the Posts about version 2.4 not displaying correctly.

G