View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2002, 12:49 AM
Frequent Member

I expect that Admin is gonna pull this thread as you just told everybody and anybody how to rip off Sound Choice. I only stated in mine without telling anyone how I did it and why it worked that I was able to do it, I still don't know excactly why it worked on my system. Does this mean I plan on bootlegging the new Sound Choice disc. No, far from it, I have never and will never give or sell software whether it be computer software or Karaoke to anyone. I use the software just to do what Admin says it is for to back up my CDg's and that's it. As my Originals wear out I have placed the copies in the slots vacated by the original disc. when the copy wears out I will try to find another original disc and then start the process over again. It's my hope that once someone comes up with a secure hard drive unit that Companies like Sound Choice will make available songs taht will play only on a specific machine. I believe that the songs lifetime will be longer than a disc's lifetime so that the Karaoke company might never experience the frustration that owners of Pioneer CDG's have felt since Pioneer dropped their CDG line.
I also think that allowing for free or a lower replacement cost for replacing song files that have deteriated or even been wiped out because someone was unlucky enough to pick up a virus that basically made the hard drive worthless.