View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2003, 05:03 PM

Thanks Jim.
Ditto on that for most. Technically, I can add nothing other than my 'work arounds' or 'push buttons and see experience...' So your point is extremely valid, as sympathy for my points or otherwise.
As you know I have been off the board for a few years, coming back to find the old faithfulls and high hopes for XP and 5.5. From the posts, it is somewhat contrary to what I imagine each and every one of us old timers wishes.. Am I wrong? None of us want technology to pass us by. Although fantastic and a brilliant achievement, a non or new user might perceive from the posts that we all stick with a 386/rev J... cuz it works just fine with MTU.. Or a Pentium 1 with a Krystal cuz it works even better. Bit of an odd philosophe!
(I think Dave has made his point only too well and often about expenditure and bang for buck as sad as that is. I get the vibe that they'd like to see the back of it; even bigger shame. I think we all feel for him/them, because we are still here and die for continuation with MTU as the best editing platform then, now and no doubt as long as the future holds for it - at a competitive price obviously). Unfortunately, there are issues as usual and although not at all phased or upset by the rather condescending tones issued to me (just expect it back), I STILL get the feeling that we all have to be geeks to understand and work around this system a bit. A bit like Adobe not recognising Matrox and vice versa.

I was particularly at odds with the screen colours issue..(although perhaps the least important) It came over as "you are an idiot" Nothing constructive. I DO NOT HAVE AN .ini FILE THAT STATES THE PARAMETERS EVEN FOR DEFAULT. So I added it. and it makes not an ounce of difference. So NO ONE else seems to have experienced this, thus I guess they are right, cuz I am delving into area I really dont understand. But the point of this note is exactly that: To the layman or operators such as us, why would we think that our machines running Xp or 2K or whatever would be acting different ONLY because we have installed MTU... etc.. Are we going forward or retro?

G