View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2008, 07:00 AM
VIP

Everybody here has a system that they have customized to their gigs, and clientele! I love that I can keep all my kma's on a 160 - 250 gb external hard drive. About 11,000 and counting. The drive is a little bit larger than a deck of playing cards, and travels very well!

By culling some of the duplicates from my song books ( I only list the ones that I have selected for best sound, graphics that are in sinc, and generally have the novice singer able to here the background melody line without getting lost. Music Maestro is quality reproduction of original, but many people can't follow the Karaoke version, where the DK version is not necessarily the best reproduction, but words and melody are easiest to follow for the average Karaoke singer. ) I have been able to put about 4000 songs in songbook, and not have the client spending the whole show looking through all 11000 titles and artists and asking which version that is best. The Regulars now have a singers list that I can pull from Hoster 4.02, and all they have to tell me is what mood they are in! ( Are we a lover tonight, or are we a Biache?) Their song selection goes a long way to letting me know who needs the tequila shot(s) !!!

Rick