View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2002, 03:01 PM

Talking A Big ATTA BOY for MTU!

Like many of you who do shows I am a stickler for backups. Sort of like NASA; back up for backups. Not just my music but my eqipment as well. You know what I mean; maybe and extra speaker at the house or another player in storage. We never know. This past month I begin to think about how long it would take to back up all my originals and be up and running again if something were to happen to my player or someone stole my discs, etc. So, I proceeded to back up my current "backed up" discs in my Sony 400 and put them in safe keeping with my originals. I decided to push MTU to it's limits and see what would happen. I have a plextor 12/10/32A. In the past when I started out with CDRWIN, the best I could copy and write was 6x /4X. Same drive, same computer I am now doing 20x/12x. (If I'm reading it right. Bottom line is it takes me only 14 minutes to read and copy a disc) Only thing different is MTU. I had 200 discs to copy. Approximately 4,000 songs. I used MTU's discs. And all 200 copied with out one disc failing. I took the time to check every 4th disc and played several songs on each checking for a clean copy. Every check was flawless. Needless to say I am amazed. MTU, keep up the good work.

Kelly