View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Honor Roll

Hello All,
It took me a while to get here,and have just finished reading the other reports.
I'll try to keep mine realistic.
Installation: Went smoothly,but it did not install ANY desktop shortcut.And the program was not listed in my programs list.This may be because I removed Vogone 1 prior to installation of Vogone 2. I needed to go to my program files for Micro Technology in order to access the files and install shortcuts from there.
Accessing the Vogone 2 beta testers forum: It took me a while to figure this one out !! Click on to the link listed at the testers page,and it brings you to the microstudio forum instead.Dave sent me another link,but that one brought me to the khp forum.
the only way to GET HERE,was to go to the forums list,scroll down to the vogone2 beta testers forum,and access it from there.
Ok, so for the program itself. This was the first time I've needed to read the manual provided for any MTU product,and I'm still not having much luck with using it.
Removal of vocals,was minimal at best.I found that the position of the sliders was usually best at their preset positions.And Vogone 1 actually did a better overall job.Going back to the manual for pointers did little or no good.
I haven't tried saving any of the work,so I can't comment on the import/export features and problems reported by other testers.I NEVER HAD A FINISHED PRODUCT I WAS SATISFIED WITH to bother trying to save !!
Using the slider bars DID have some effect,but not nearly what would/should be expected.
Overall,the program looks clean & easy to use,and I like that,but I have had very little luck in actually getting it to function as expected.I've only seen one other tester address this issue ( poor vocal removal ) other testers seem satisfied.But after reading and re-reading the manual,I believe I am operating the program properly,and getting very poor results.This should be looked into further.