View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2008, 07:33 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuurus View Post
I seem to always have problems getting the vocals completely removed. No doubt its my inexperience with this particular product.

I have read that you need a .wav file recorded at 44.1 khz. What do you folks use to get a CD track over to a .wav file? I have a piece of shareware called mp3converter but wondering if there is something better. For instance if I start with a high-quality wma file and convert that to wav will that do the trick?

Incidentally, I have tried removing vocals from several CD tracks but I never have luck (ie I never have that "perfect" recording with no vocals). So I'd like to know what you folks use. I am generally pulling Pop/Rock 1980-90's with cneter-panned vocals. These typically have a lot of reverb as well. I have gotten to the point where I am left with reverb decay that I just can't get rid of....not enough tweakage left on the slider.

Thanks in advance.
To the best of my knowledge reverb is nearly impossible to get tid of. The whole idea of reverb is to make it sound like it's in different kinds of rooms, which means hearing reflections off of different walls. To get this illusion the reverb cannot be center panned, It does a lot of bouncing from one side to the other.