View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2006, 01:24 PM

Vocopro 5800

I just recently picked up the Vocopro 5800 set, and was also concerned about the quality I'd be getting from them (I use Sennheiser Evolution Series mics in my DJ system and host karaoke shows on an occasional basis). After being convinced by a vendor who used the Vocopro systems in his own karaoke shows that they were decent mics for the price, I bought them. And sure enough, they're a very good value.

My biggest concern was the fixed frequencies, but it's easy to forget that you're getting FOUR microphones with this system, and will only need all four of them on rare occasions (once or twice a night, maybe). I haven't had any frequency interference issues at all, but even if I did, I feel comfortable knowing that they'd likely occur on just one of the four frequencies. That leaves three wireless handhelds, which is enough for me to do a successful show. I use the combined output on the receiver and adjust the volume of each mic with the little gain controls on the front of the receiver. So far, so good. Singers are loud and clear, and everyone loves using a wireless. My only complaint is that the mics just don't feel substantial, but then again, I'm used to the Sennheiser. These Vocopro mics are quite good.