View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2003, 02:05 PM
Honor Roll

Multisession Info

What you have is a Sound Choice STAR SERIES CDG. The 17th Track is a SOUND CHOICE "Advertising" Data Track (non-Karaoke format), which makes the whole Disc a MULTISESSION DISC.

Currently, MTU's MICROSTUDIO does NOT support MULTISESSION Discs for WHOLE DISC COPYING. However, you can use "CUSTOM ASSEMBLY" and copy Tracks 1-16 to IMAGE and then, burn the IMAGE to a CDR. Basically, you create a non-multisession BACKUP.

When using CUSTOM ASSEMBLY, only "check" boxes 1-16. DO NOT "check" the box for Track 17 (you do not need Track 17 on the Backup anyway).

Because CDG Track 16 is NEXT TO Data Track 17, for some reason, unknown to me, an erroneous TIME calculation occurs, probably due to the time gap between the TWO SESSIONS, but just my opinion.

Also, when MICROSTUDIO attempts to copy Track 16, MICROSTUDIO may "HANG" 2/3's the way through reading the CDG Track. If this happens, you may wish to consult other excerpts throughout these forums as there much information concerning this subject.

For more information, do a SEARCH (button in upper right hand corner) and type in the word MULTISESSION.

FYI:
A Multisession disc is created when at least TWO separate WRITING occurrences take place on a CDR. In other words, when data is burned on a CDR (cdg data or non-cdg data) a BURNING SESSION takes place. Usually, only ONE burning session takes place and, no matter how much data you burn to the CDR (1 BYTE on up to the CDR's MAX CAPACITY), if you FINALIZE/CLOSE the session, no more data can ever be burned to that CDR.

MULTISESSION takes place when the CDR is NOT Finalized and another, SEPARATE, burning session takes place.

You will find that SOUND CHOICE uses this format on all their CD product lines (i.e. Spotlight, Bricks, PowerPicks, etc.).

Hope this helps,

Norm