Thread: .lst files
View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Re: .lst files

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPyle View Post
I seem to remember seeing them in the .ist files before I moved the songs to my G drive. Hum, sucks. It wouldn't be so bad if the manual adding of songs in the write mode, did't kick your back to the top of the screen after each addition. Is there a quicker way to copy those CD's now?... What good are the isd. files now to me. Seems this should be changed in the future...
The key to your problem is in your above statement. "I seem to remember seeing them in the .ist files before I moved the songs to my G drive."
By moving the song files then your .LST file does not know where to find the files to add to the list because the .lst file is a list of locations of files to add. Since you moved them the list cannot find them.
I find the easiest way to create write lists is to work from the master list (left column). If I want to duplicate a particular original CD, then I sort that list by Filename. That groups all songs in a DiskID order so I can find all of the songs from a particular CD. Then I highlight them and add them to the playlist, highlight them all in the playlist and add them to the write disk list. Open Write Disk and they will all be there at once.