View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2009, 05:24 PM

Mindonstrike (Quote) The KIAA is just another trade organization created to educate the public and protect the intellectual property rights of it's members..

Sam, i don't believe the KIAA is just another trade organization created to edcucate anyone. Their main philosophy appears to say if you join, we will certify you as a legit KJ and being a member, we won't hassle you. How? And by what process is one to be certified? Will carrying a KIAA card and presenting it to a prospective client enhance your employment chances? It was organized by the producers of karaoke tracks who are asking their members to be the organizations informers. Since most KJs in this forum are admittedly not 100%, It would seem membership will be severly limited if all are completely honest about it. How many would lie about legitamacy to join???
Your comment about turning the blind eye to drug dealing and prostitution is exactly what our current law enforcement does to create informers. No difference here, IMHO.
Also, I have never needed anyone to protect my intellectual rights, and hope i never do
Just an opinion
muzicman144