View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2002, 04:57 PM

Thumbs up Microstudio can backup MediaCloq protected discs

This is my first post in this type of open forum - but I figured I would share what I have accomplished with using Microstudio. I use a plextor cd-rom drive as my reader and a yamaha drive as my recorder. Admin Note: The "magic" seems to be in the SCSI Plextor CDROM drive that can read the MediaCloq protected discs. MTU's certified CD Burners can be used in place of the Yamaha drive for writing the new disc.

I have succesfully copied every Sound Choice spotlights disc with the mediaclog protection on it.

I have used the Import Tracks Tab to bring in each track numbered 1-14. I have then used the following technique for track number 15.

I allow Microstudio to begin loading the 15th track onto my hard drive. After about a minute or two Microstudio will come to a point where it can longer read any more info on the disc because of the mediacloq portection. At this point, I simply hit the eject button on my cdr drive. This causes Microstudio to end the current operation, but it still stores the cdg track info in its entirety on my hard drive!

I then simply add track 15 from my hard drive as the last song in the Custom Assmebly Tab project. Then, I write a new CDG disc. Each one has been perfect and I can then duplicate these for backup purposes (of course!). Hope this little bit of info helps anyone else who's had similar problems.

Also I would like to say that this Microstudio program is by far the best of any type I have ever used. Thanks for making a great easy to use product.

Thanks, Nickie K.