View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Running Songverter AFTER importing ZIPs as KMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgumshoe View Post
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, you may move it if you wish.

I'd like to run Songverter now to DECOMPRESS and RECOMPRESS zip files that I've already imported into Hoster as KHM.

1) Will Songverter recompress the files with the names that are INSIDE the zip, or will it maintain the name of the original zip?

I.E.,
Original File: SFMW805-01 - ARTIST - TITLE.zip
Internal File: SFMW805-01.cdg
SFMW805-01.mp3

my perception is that Songverter will decompress the Original Zip, and Re-zip to a new (properly compressed) zip titled sfmw805-01.zip and I'll have to go back and re-label them all....

If that is the case, then I have my answer, if it isn't and it compresses to the original file name, then I have another question:

2) Will Hoster recognize the file if it is in the same location as the original, only decompressed and compressed into the correct compression?

In otherwords, if I substitute out the original file for another file of the same exact name (maybe of a different size), will the KMH information still work in Hoster? or do I have to delete the associated KHM files and reimport everything that has been run through Songverter?

For the Above, Hoster version 4.31 and Songverter is the current version as of Today, October 10, 2010.
I am confused as to why you need to do this. What are you hoping to accomplish by doing this decompression/recompression?
What do you mean by a properly compressed file?

Actually your internal files should be named exactly as the zip file. In other words if the zip file has the DiskID-Track number - Artist - Title then the internal files should have exactly the same names with the .CDG and .MP3 extensions.

If the names are the same then yes they should play in Hoster without having to re-import.