View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2000, 07:47 PM
Frequent Member

Open TL/Micro EDL

----Having been one of the folks that goaded you into developing MicroEDL, I can tell you that I am still grateful. In recent times, I have been taking a look at other products on the market and have realized that MicroEDL is still a unique and superior solution to most other attempts at this.

As far as the "take over the market" with OpenTL and the Tascam MX2424, however, I think this is a reality....The cross-platform file format support by itself is such a clear and obvious solution to a problem that has existed for all of us....Sadie, Nuendo and quite a few others are already on the bandwagon with OpenTL, and this only a few months after the product release....I have never seen a product so well supported and so swiftly proliferated. It works too well, sounds too good and costs too little....Meanwhile, the Mackie hard disk recorder is still trying to explain why it can't record more than 16 tracks at once, much less deliver product!

I believe that this is going to define how we all work. The MX2424 is designed to have hard drives slapped in and out of it from and to workstations. It works. It is really exciting for me and almost everyone who has bought one....I just want it to be compatible with MTU.