View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2012, 01:36 AM

Re: QSC Speaker Problem...

Quote:
Just an idea if you don't mind drilling a hole in your speaker pole.

If you were to screw a # 8 self tapping pan headed screw into the pole just above were the bottom of the speaker would come, you could adjust how tight the speaker fitted by adjusting how tight the screw was inserted into the pole.
If there was enough room between the speaker hole and the pole you could have 2 or 3 screws spaced around the pole.

Another option might work Get a thin rubber O ring, place on the pole then push the speaker over that for a tight fit, you would have to find the best size O ring but these could easily be removed from the poles without leaving a sticky residue.
Roy,

I like the idea of using screws. I may even try using pop rivets as they just might stick out enough to increase the size of the pole just enough to make the speaker fit more snug...

Thanks for the idea...

Quote:
Are your speaker flanges readily removable, maybe 3 or 4 screws? If so you can buy new flanges where you purchased the adapters. Just a thought.
Walt
Walt,

QSC speakers have a flange that rotates to allow the speaker to sit straight up or be rotated 180 degrees to allow the speaker to tilt 7 1/2 degrees...

I am reluctant to defeat this option...