View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:43 PM

Re: Best Monthly Series for staying current

Just for some fun reading i guess from an old dude, i'll chime in. Although i promised myself a year ago to stay out of these sort of conversations. If you visit a website who says they are legit, why in the world would you sweat that they're not? why would you care? like dale says, with receipt in hand, why would you even give it another thought? Not a judge in the world gonna hang ya son. Well..unless you live in the state of washington, or new hamsphire, hanging is still legal there. But seriously, i have all but stopped purchasing any new or old music altogher now. I am in the process of dropping my two chartbuster monthly subscriptions.

This year i celebrated my 7th year at the same private club. So i'm doing something right i reckon. I just had a meeting with the boss. And we discussed the ongoing degeneration of this industry, and the hassel of securing new songs, with the continued lawyer-for-hire lawsuites for money situation. And we both agreed we simply don't need the hassle. I also made it clear to my singers that if they want a song, they can purchase it, and i will play it. I listed an announcement in my song books, and listed several websites where they can purchase cdg's. I'm done with the hassle. I just made it clear to my singers, some going on the second generation of singers. With all the mess out there caused by a few greety individual companies and organizations. That i will not be purchasing anymore music PERIOD! If it's a very popular song on the radio, i may pick it up i dunno.

It's mind boggling that a great company like mtu, would dedicate their efforts to come up with fresh idea's, and request for features that we all want, yet, we can't even agree on what to load into their software? If i were David Cox, i'd be banging my head against the wall. Features like tempo change for instance. And haven forbid an upgrade doesn't work right on your puter after download. It's never our fault give'me a break.

This forum here, is the only source for correct karaoke information, and this is the only outlet i visit. The other forums have finger pointing, threats, misinformation, insults, accusations, bullying, name calling. Karaoke use to move in a positive way, with fresh idea's, innovations, with great innovative and creative companies like mtu leading the way. MTU has even spent out of pocket money on legal research. And we still can't come together to decide what to load in their software? rediculious.

It's hard to imagine that sound choice, chartbuster and others, would like to hold back this entertainment industry out of greed. If you asked these companies to be honest with you, and to level with you, they would tell you that they still claim format shifting, and the use of computer presentation software for our shows is still illegal in their opinion. But with their arm around you, assure you, that they will "allow" you to continue if you follow their set of rules, is simply again ...mind boggling. With all this hassle, and misinformation still floating around out there, i'm surprised most of the kj's aren't on ativan or prozac...seriously. Well anyways..i have cows to bring in and milk. You guys carry on and try to find some time to actually enjoy what you're doing...Just a perspective from an old dude....

{Note A Disclaimer: I know less about the karaoke industry then anyone on this outlet, and less about mtu software then any newbe that just purchased their first download}