Thread: New Trailer
View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2007, 12:05 AM

All my trailers have lettering, I've researched having laser cut special logo lettering and just plain block letters from Menards, guess what? It's easier to read plain block letters. Insure it, make all your equiptment have wheels, if you bought a drop tail gate trailer add a strip to the gap in between the gate and the floor when it is down with a few door hinges anchoring it to the floor, add another strip anchored to the top of the gate with hinges so you have a ramp closer to the pavement when you are loading and unloading. If you have doors, add the largest piece of custom width 3/4 plywood that will fit in the opening hinged to the floor of the trailer with at least 4 barn hinges as large as you can stand them. Taper the plywood to get it close to the pavement, and taper the other end to eliminate the sudden drop or abruptness when unloading. Add a 2X2 glued to each side for guides and added strength, paint and while the paint is wet broad cast some bird gravel to the ramp for traction. If you made it wide enough and planned proper, when it is in the upright position, you can add couple of simple door bolt style latches by drilling a 5/16 hole in the door frame to hold it in place while moving simple screws attaching it to the bottom of the ramp.

Bottom line is the lettering on my trailers and my tow vehicles is tax deductible and has got me gigs with cheap advertising more than making up for the insurance for trailer and content. I have block lettering on my tow vehicles, and trailers. I have had people pull into my yard get my card because my trailer set in my yard and that has generated more than one wedding gig paying well. I have been stopped in a shopping mall parking lot more than once and gained a gig because my vehicle was lettered. I guess I'm lucky I live in the boonies from the responses I am hearing. At any rate, learn to use your trailer slash storage barn to it's utmost and enjoy it. Menards also have the anchors for your trailers walls, and rope style tie downs for your equiptment. Get the longer flat head bolts than needed then cut them to length after.