View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2011, 03:02 PM

Re: another gem related problem

I have a program called FileRenamer That let's you bring up any folder, ie. Hoster database, and let's you rename songs in one fell swoop. You can get it at CNET Downloads. When you open the program, on the left top side you'll see OS (C. Click the + next to it to expand it, and go down until you see MTU. Click on the + next to MTU to expand it and you'll see the folder that contains all your music in it. Click on that folder and it will load everything. Once it loads all the music, you'll see it in the window. Above the window, you'll see file name, new file name, size (KB), ext, date modified, and directory. I always resize them so I can see the entire title of the song on both file name and new file name spaces. Then below you'll see file name properties, delete/remove/insert, find/replace. There are other property titles, but what you need to concern yourself with is Find/Replace. Click on that tab, and some options open up. Just below Find/Replace there will be 2 boxes . The 1st one is labled Find, and the 2nd Replace. On the 1st one, put in (_), and on the second one, click on it and hit your space bar. Towards the middle right you'll see radio buttons that says preview and apply. Hit apply and it will remove all underscores and replace them with a space. By the way, that is the only thing I do with this program for. I've tried to use Case correction, and it screwed up a big portion of my database by inserting numbers on the end, so be careful what you do with it. My advice would be to download to a folder, that way you don't have 1,000's of songs, run it through the FileRenamer, and once you're satisfied, cut and paste to your database.
Hope this helps.
JRMerc
Memories & More
P.S. Make sure you rebuild to get names corrected in Hoster.