View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2004, 12:40 PM

Unhappy Trying to reinstall ME5.4

I'm trying to reinstal ME 5.4 on one of our computers and it's giving me fits. The original user complaint was that the SMPTE sync was not working (Showed red instead of blue on panel?) I have tried to reinstall both the software and the Krystal board with great frustration. If I remove the Krystal board (listed as other devices? in Device Manager) and restart the computer it finds a new PCI device and trys to install it but gets stuck trying to find a device driver. I've tried pointing it towards the Medit folder but it doesn't find what it wants and I end up exiting the hardware installation. It shows up as "Other Devices ?" with an exclamation mark on it. It also says it is not running proprly and needs the drivers updated which as I've said it can't find. I've looked at our othe 4 MTUs and they all show up in Device Manager as "Other Devices ?" but it says they are running properly and the driver tab says that no drivers are installed or needed. So, what am I doing wrong in the installation, is there a specific order that I am violating, and how do I get the SMPTE sync to work? We have P1 166 machines running 95 (please hold your laughter) and the SMPTE cable is hooked up to analog LTC (SMPTE) time code. Any help would be appreciated.
Karl Saal
ICCA Ft.Mill SC
803-547-9200 ext 2488