View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2008, 03:41 PM

Cool price of karaoke shows

I live in the northwoods of Wisconsin and I get $300.00 for private parties and $500.00 to $700.00 for weddings. I am trying to stay out of the bars because they only want to pay $150.00. (I charge $200.00) I do have my regular bars but of course some new person will come along and charge $125.00 to "get in". Than the bar calls me back and wants me to come back and play for them for MY PRICE! Some bars I will go back the other ones i say they can get what they pay for!!! and I will not return. This is my ONLY job, and yes I should not refuse, but when a bar wants me every friday for $150.00 that means I am stuck there. I would rather keep my fridays open for private parties. I do not advertise it is word of mouth. I am 100% legal and own only one system. I know other people say they are legal but they run 3 systems all off of one cdg to me that is not legal.
I can take me up to two hours to set up since i do everything myself. Am I complaining OH NO, but $150.00 does not cut it for me. I buy new music every month. I pride myself of having the current top music in my shows and with buying my props, hats, sunglasses, noisemakers, etc. And of course Lights. Lights..Lights. I do need to cover my expenses.
I LOVE what i do and thank everyone i work for with a little note i mail to them. Little touches like that make them feel real good and it gets me more parties. By the way I am a 50 year young female and having the time of my life doing this.