View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2002, 03:15 PM

Thumbs down Great concept, BUT.....

I have a small, part-time karaoke business and I love to perform as much as possible. I sing a vast variety of songs but I have to change the key for most everything I sing. I love being able to have my own disk with a compilation of my songs when I go to other KJs shows. But even with my own disk with just my tunes, it is a hassle to have the hosting KJ change the pitch for me most every time I sing. I thought the Keyrite program would change all that. BUT, what I have found is that the reproduced song with the key changes does not have the sound quality I expected. It has a "wobble" that is unacceptable to me, and I would not want to play a reproduced key changed song for someone who's singing in my show. It sounds much better to use the original disk (or even a copy) and use the key changer integrated in my expensive amp to change the pitch. I hoped that this wouldn't be the case with Keyrite. If this were a product I could return - I would. I still have made a couple of practice disks with key changes so that I don't risk damagine my originals.

Does anyone have the same problem.