View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2005, 04:06 PM

External Hardrives

Kevin:
As of right now I am not using a external HD my Sony came with a whopping 100 gig HD and I have over 5000 songs on it and not even close to full. Hoster will compress the CD+G's into a KMA file which is a lot tighter and sounds great with little or no loss in audio quality. If I was to get a External HD I would probably buy as large a one as could afford, some companys like Western Digital, Maxtor, and Seagate offer up to 300 gigabytes thats a lot of storage capacity. With Firewire or USB 2.0 They are plenty fast.
If you go the computer route you will definately want a video card that offers dual displays (The abillity to run more than one display screen) Then it is just a matter of setting Hoster up and dragging the singer display screen and singers screen onto the second monitor. Thats when the fun begins you can search out the next singers songs and put them on the singer/song list while the singers are singing letting you get ahead take breaks etc. Hoster even has a delay feature where you set a pause time between songs I have mine set for 10 seconds and I can go use the bathroom or talk to freinds etc. The singers see who is up next and come up and song starts automatically. That is really cool . I used to work myself to death during big shows with lots of singers in the rotation. It is so much better now.
John