View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaoke koyote View Post
I think what it comes down to is: am I entertaining, or do I think I'm being entertaining?

The only way to verfiy that is whether or not your singers come back every week, and do they bring friends? If the answer is yes, keep doing it. If the answer is no... stop.

There's no argurment... some hosts can do this well, others can't. Period the end
You can't keep a gig on going if the bar isn't making money. That means non-singers need to be there as well.

Sell drinks, entertain, and keep your singers happy and coming back. I don't think that's going to happen if all you're doing is changing songs and introducing the next singer all night. Boooorrring!
Exactly, you have to entertain and listen to what the patrons want, and sometimes it may be you singing and sometimes it may be you not sining.
Also, you have to let the people know what else goes on at this venue, that way you are bringing in business even when you are not there..
You have to get into the action, talk with people, find out whay THEY want, and give it to them (within reason).