View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM

Wink

I sing the first song to soundcheck, and remain in the rotation until there are 10 or more singers, and fill in for duets if requested.
There are times when the management will ask me to remain in the rotation if the songs are all the same, either all sappy stuff or all metal, to break things up. I work for them and do as they ask.
The crowd I have at my regular places also request me to sing sometimes and have even had some of the regulars give up their spot for me to sing the song they requested.(when this happens is when I usually go a little overtime to get another few singers up).

There have also been the nights when the first hour or so is really slow for whatever reason, and I use these nights to try out new songs,and tell the ones who are there to get their songs up now, cause you don't want to hear me kill any more of their favorite tunes.

I don't do "free" time, as the owners of the venue I do are there 90% of the time and we worked out a deal that if they want me to keep going after the usual close time, I get paid more.
Good people to work for.