View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2008, 07:54 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd123 View Post
Well, since it's all about the "Singers," I don't mind giving a little "Free" overtime...many times...about 90 minutes without pay.

Let's see...a 4 hour show with 30 singers and 3 songs per singer is 90 Songs. The KJ will, most likely, get 3 songs, too. At 4 minutes per song, the KJ will have taken up 12 minutes in 4 hours...LOL.
The problem here is you are expecting your singers to overlook the appearence of the KJ singing every round even when it's busy, but noticeing the substance of the fact you are going overtime, working for free, and it's a net gain for them.
It's been my experience that people who are drinking, people who go to bars and people in general are more likely to notice "appearence" over "substance". You've also got a lot of folks who won't stay to take advantage of that extra time, they've got babysitter issues or they work in the morning or whatever so they need to leave by some certain time.

Quote:
With my 30 to 90 minutes FREE OT, I dare any Venue or Singer or KJ to tell me that I'm hogging the show.
For every guy who argues with your policies there will be a number of people who won't say anything and you won't get the opportunity to explain the logic behind them. I rarely get appreciation for running overtime (most don't know or care) but I have gotten a number of comments over the years from people who appreciate that I don't sing when it's busy.

Whatever works for you and your crowds.
This has worked well for me and mine.

Sam