View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleekaraoke View Post
When Considering How Much To Charge You Need To Consider The Night Of The Week And Where You Are Playing, If You Are Playing In A Big Town That You Know The Bars Are Always Busy And Can Support It Yes 200 Plus Is Great, But In A Little Community In The Middle Of The Week Or Even On The Weekends It's Hard To Get That, I Do Charge 200 Or More When I Have To Drive More Than 1/2 Hour Away. But At The Same Time, In The Small Community Where I Live Charging 175 Is Fair And When They Have A Good Night They Give Extra, But If It's A Slow Night You Still Get The 175..i Don't Believe It's Undercutting At 175 If That Is The Average Of What The Others Are Charging. There Is One Kj Who Is Going Around Charging Nothing Because She Says She Doesn't Need The Money... Now That Isn't Fair And There Is Nothing That Can Be Done About It, I Say You Get What You Pay For.........
Jlee, I agree that where you're at and what day has a good part of the price. You will find ONE KJ in Aberdeen South Dakota (land of 27K people) that charges over 150 any given night.... but then again, he's the ONLY KJ that comes to Aberdeen, and he comes from afar. But, he's well worth his weight.

In Galesburg, IL, however, the average KJ charges about 150-200 (land of 36K people), and there's a couple that started out there about 3 years ago, that charge WAY less, litterally stealing customers from another KJ that she used to work for!! But, again, you do get what you pay for.