View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2008, 03:45 PM

I couldnt have said it better

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailMom View Post
Russ, you're absolutely correct on people whom charge less and are cut-throat. They do make it harder for everyone else. The biggest issue is that they may "think" they're getting a better start this way... but when they realize the additional monies that are needed to invest to KEEP up with the business then it's too late to ask for more.
Not only that railmom but they are undermining those of us who have BEEN AT THIS FOR YRS. 16 to be exact and they keep cutting each others throats and ours every time they do it. bands cost 500 and up a night a good kj/dj should have a library that NO band could dream of, ergo no band can match, so getting 200 a night is not that much. And it hurts me when someone comes into my area and starts out at 75 $#!@^* dollars a night and my bar says well I can get this new guy ALOT cheaper, even though the new guy /girl doesnt have what I got much less better. but if your smart enought o find the going rate in an area then that is what you ask for. And your reading this and you think you cant then upgrade your karaoke or get a different JOB.
thank for for posting railmom