View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
If I'm playing a VFW, Legion or any other family club, it won't happen twice.
I have no control over the person with the mic the first time, I do for the second.
At my bar gigs, I ask them not to, if the song has cursing in it, I will know when it is allowed as it is my music. Most places appreciate, my style. I work a bar on Saturday, another KJ works it on Thur and Fri. The folks wanting cleaner, and mellow come on Saturday. No bar is ever totall free of it.

I try my best to control it for the place and time.
I try to limit it to some songs, now some of the songs that have explicit lyrics have been pulled off my songlist. Most of the private service organizations(American Legion, VFW etc.)have policies that prohibit
profanity, and the one lounge that I have is a family restaurant first, lounge second, which means no bad words.

If someone gets out of hand, it is easy enough to press the mute button on the mixer, and let that person know that one chance is all you get, otherwise you are done for the evening period!

Plus I go over the ground rules at least a few times during the night. So noone can say I didn't warn you.
System #1
Dell Latitude E6400 Pentium Duo Core
Windows 7 Professional
4GB RAM
8xDVD-RW
320GB hard disk drive
160 GB External HD USB