View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Paul Initializing book Id slow

Open Hoster let it run the initializing book ids. Once finished click the book id button so that it changes to Brand, the Brand window should now show highlighted with a particular brand showing. Do nothing else but close Hoster.
Now re start Hoster, is it still initializing Book Ids ?

Entering a book id using the search will produce a long list but the numbers in that list should not be exactly the same they should list from lowest to highest.

A true book id includes the track number (01 to 99) if you are searching for a three digit book id example 201 it will list everything that has those 3 numbers in it like 1201, 2010 to 2019 the list is too long to print but the track 201 will show at the top of the list.
If you enter five digit track numbers that list should either return just that id or a lot less than a 3 digit number.
Which ever they should not list exact the same numbers and be in highest to lowest order.
You could lesson the amount of returned items by unselecting Audio And Video in the type filters.

If you mainly search using Book Id then you would be better off leaving the Book Id initializing active as that will produce just that one exact id immediately.

The time it takes is relative to the amount of songs you have. I only have 28,000 including audio and videos and with that many it only takes about 10 seconds.

One thing you could try might speed things up. Open Import Songs/Repair Database.

See how you get on with that.
If you post back remind me which version of Hoster your running.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.