View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2006, 01:30 PM

Having trouble saving WAVE to CDG in KPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
No! Just changing the filename extension from .wav to .cdg does nothing except make it unplayble by any player.

You must do as the other users indicated.

1. Have the audio songs on an Audio CD and import them in Microstudio with the CDG button (not WAV button) selected. This will import all the R-W data along with the audio sample data.

2. Take a .wav file on the hard drive, open it into Karaoke Home Producer and without adding any lyrics (or you can if you have them and want to sync them to the music), save the file out. This will automatically write it with the R-W data required for the CDG format.

All the posts in this Thread have been appropriate. I appreciate everyone being so helpful and straightforward in helping our visitor!
PLEASE HELP - THIS IS GIVING ME A HUGE HEADACHE - I downloaded a sound effect of a "school bell ringing" in WAVE format. As you suggested above in step 2 - I opened it in Karaoke Home Producer and saved it out. It still only opens as a WAVE file. I can't pull it up in the Custom Assembly Tab to add to a bunch of Karaoke songs [CDGs] I am using for a musical my children's choir is doing. Can you help me? I'm stuck!!! Thanks so much.