View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2004, 03:45 PM

Oh I understand about trying to enforce the true registration of your program - all I meant was that there is a better way to maintain current registration. You can't tell a customer that they are not allowed to install your product on a different machine if they have uninstalled it from the first one - machines break down - new ones are bought. By adding the unregistration to the uninstall process you can save yourself a lot of headaches and support issues. Its not like I meant that you should allow everyone to install on as many machines as they like - obviously that is sharing but with the process as it is you as a seller would automatically assume that the user is trying to install an additional copy of the program on another computer - more than likely for someone else. The admins comment about this being my third copy of the program for example - I have removed this program from the two previous machines but apparently mtu could not tell that, so they hint that I am trying to install on three machines - not good for business. Just my two cents.