View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2002, 02:07 AM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

OK Karaoke - no KO

Karaoke provides a much needed outlet for all those millions in the world who love to sing. Absolutely everybody can sing (even the tone-deaf, I know because I've heard some of them!), it's just that some of us don't sing as well as others. It's also a participation thing. Before the advent of recorded music a much higher percentage of people played some sort of instrument for entertainment. They would gather on street corners and in each others' homes and sing together. Then came the start of "the group" and many, especially the young, could perform for themselves and for the public. But what of those who have no instrumental capacity (like myself) and no access to musicians? Must they be denied the sheer joy and excitement of singing outside the privacy of their bathroom? No they don't, not when there are those wonderful people who are prepared to invest large chunks of their disposable income in equipment and discs, have the talent to put on a show, and let the rest of us play with their gear. Carry on, and thanks, KJs. You will always find an audience.