View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2010, 02:41 PM

Re: The Lawsuits Have Started In Virgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
The Slepps are private citizens, telling me if i don't allow them to search my personal belongings, they will sue me
Since they have registered their product, that you are using under their terms, they have the right thru civil actions to enforce their copyright.

If someone refuses to show all their originals, that is acting quilty and will draw a lawsuit because they have no other way to verify you have originals.

Now, if you do have the originals and you show them to SC then they should not sue because they have no reason to sue.

If they sue anyway after this, then yes they are abusing their ability to enforce their copyright which can only really be stopped by counter-suing them in court and making them pay a large settlement.

Quote:
Even the police cannot do that. They have to go to the court system and get a warrent.
Not all the time...if they see a crime happening thru a window or by strange smells (as examples) they can come right in because a crime is in progress

Quote:
But to allow a private citizen to search anything one has, based on a threat to sue, just goes against what i see as one's civil rights in the good ole USA.
You are free to NOT show him your originals and go talk to them in court...that makes you look like you have something to hide.

Having all your originals and doing business ethically is how a professional business is run, so why scared to show them you have originals so they'll stay off your back?

The law gives them the right to make sure there aren't any copyrighted music of theirs out being used in public. Sorry.

What would you do if you became a musician and people were out there not buying your album but enjoying it anyway because they kept getting free copies from each other?

Wouldn't you discuss with your lawyers ways to cash in on what's being stolen from you, depriving you of alot of money?

Last edited by Rockrz; April 18th, 2010 at 02:47 PM.