View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2007, 11:50 PM

drunks

anyone in this biz is gonna get 'em. Its a fact of our lives. You know most are being friendly and are interested. Give them a minute or two and show them how things work and then let them know you are being paid to work and tell them thanks for the interest. Rarely does anyone come alone. Feel free to ask their friends to move them along. Ask nicely and explain the situation and the cost of your equipment. Have a code word or some signal you can give the bouncer or owner when things get out of hand. And one of my favs for the bad ones is to say hey let me buy you a beer. Get them away from your equipment. Go up to the bar and explain yourself. Do the listen we're all here for a good time but this is my job and I could get fired if I goof off to much. It never fails. Also what has worked for me a number of times is if they are really trashed and we walk up to the bar I turn around and leave. You'd be surprised how many times that has worked for me. And guard your equipment always (its your living). Finally smile, smile, smile. Hard to get angry at someone who won't get mad!
Good Luck,
marko