View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2004, 02:42 AM

Re: erasing disc info and reimporting it again

This applies to the latest version of Hoster.
If you delete a song or a whole disk recorded to your hard drive. You must also update the database because the song references are still in there. That is where Hoster gets its information from. If you don't update it, you will be told that another file is using that Id number even though you deleted the song. Knowing this, I'll continue.

In the Import window, Select New from the file menu. To import your CD tracks from the CD, look on the edge of the CD case, the maker and disk number are there. Find them both, when you have the right one's, the right songs will show up on your screen. Now make sure you know the next available Book ID number and set it. Select all and import tracks. If the Book ID you selected is already in use, you will be told.

The database for each CD disk is made up of the manufactures name, and Disk number. All of the song names are included in each DB file. So they will show what's in each file. You have to find the right DB file to match your CD disk. If you can't find a match, you must use Custom to import the songs and add your own disk name, and Book ID.
I think I explained it.