View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2004, 09:24 PM

Keyrite with file extensions other than *.cdg

This is my first reply in this forum, I am trying to reply to the issue of Keyrite hanging up and flickering. This has happened to me many times when I try to use a file that doesn't have the CDG extension. I tend to keep my karaoke files on my hard drive as combinations of *.cdg (lyrics) and *.mp3 (music) files, and convert them to *.bin for burning onto discs. The conversiuon program puts the BIN file in the same directory with the CDG/MP3 files.

This works fine for burning with Microstudio (although *.bin is not one of the options, you can specify *.bin as the filename, and it will show the BIN files in the chosen directory, and then you can pick the files you want). However, if I try to run Keyrite (any version I've tried from 1.3x to 2.x) on the *.bin file the program freezes. If I rename the BIN file with a CDG extension it works fine. This is a little annoying, since I already have a file of the same name and a CDG extension sitting in the same directory, so I have to juggle file names. And, I have to rejuggle the names if I want to create a revised CDG/MP3 pair in the new key.

Maybe there's an easier way, and if anyone can suggest it I would be thankful. If the Keyrite program could be revised so that it works properly with filenames that don't have the CDG extension it would be a boon to me at least. Unless I'm just doint something dumb. Wouldn't be the first time...