View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2003, 09:23 PM

The only one???

kjzone

What are you talking about? MTU lists several drives that work properly. I do have a plextor. I also have had an HP and a Sony, both of which served me well, (and, incidently are serving others well as we speak; the only reason I don't have them now is due to speed upgrades)

My entry was an attempt to show that I have experienced being able to make beautiful cdg copies with drives that Microstudio cannot use. If you read my link, it shows that MTU indicated that the drive was not useable. My inference was that KJdaz might be in the same boat.

I don't understand the purpose of your entry. If you want to say that Plextor is the best, then that is one thing. I bought my plextor from MTU. It was obvious that the box had been opened because of course they tested it and certified it. Plextor is the only drive that they can guarantee at point of purchase. The others, as in Sony's case may undergo design changes that MTU is powerless to control. The electronics megastore nearby has a liberal return policy so I can "try" drives that might work out. Other people are not so lucky. So It is prudent of MTU not to say yes yes to any drive when the buyer may get stuck with a major cost item that doesn't work right.

Plextor is not the only one that works though. I have personal experience in this matter.