View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Frequent Member

Dim memories...

I have not used the program for at least the last 2 years myself, but I remember seeing this warning when I had moved a project file, or moved an .sf file, or had recorded more material into the file, or, I guess, changed or added flags, or opened a version of the project inadvertantly that was earlier (which might not have had, for instance, some groups combined into new sections of the default file, or new audio recorded to the default file).

In truth, the material is either there or it isn't, and the warning indicates that all might be fine, so I certainly would not let the program delete all segments from that file unless you know it is okay.....The program is not telling you that it cannot find the file, or that the file is damaged...just that it has changed. If you did not do anything to the file that actually deleted some portions of it, you should be fine. It is hard to delte portions of audio files in Medit unless you did something stupid like "compacting" the project- Is that the right term? Anyway, I'm talking about the command that deletes all portions of files that are not currently used in project segments. If you did this, you could be screwed on earlier versions.

This, I think, falls under the heading of careful file management and naming. Check your memory and make sure you know what you have done with the file in question, especially if it is the default file for the project.