View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2017, 01:55 PM

Re: v541.05 - Importing to BIN

Ok, to prove the above was happening, I tried importing some Chartbusters, as in Cbe8-01-01, where the &this would be used and to my surprise, the TITLES populated correctly (see JPG #1).

So, what did I do to get the anomaly?

On the OLD versions of Hoster, when defining the FIELD ORDER, where &this is used, we had to add a PERIOD to END the order. From habit, and not running across &this Song Groups very often, I selected the PERIOD in the last field box. (See JPG #2)

Upon clicking APPLY and returning to the IMPORT screen, the FIELDS and SEPARATORS box was still PINK, meaning the DEFINE ORDER was NOT correct. (See JPG #3)

Going back to the DEFINE ORDER screen, I removed the PERIOD from the last box and clicked APPLY.

Upon returning to the IMPORT SCREEN, the FIELDS and SEPARATORS box was NOT PINK, meaning the DEFINE ORDER was correct and ready to ADD FILES. (See JPG #4)

Upon ADDING FILES, TITLES are truncated. (See JPG #5)

It seems that, once the PERIOD is added to the last DEFINE FIELD ORDER BOX, opening and closing Hoster will NOT correct the anomaly.

The only thing that corrected the problem was to select a different field order. I selected one of the predefined standard FIELD ORDERS.

Then, went back to DEFINE FIELD ORDER for &this without adding a PERIOD and all Song TITLES populated correctly.

If, when using the &this, the LAST BOX is not needed, then it should not be there.

So to duplicate the problem I experienced, do this:
1. Open Import Screen and choose KMA BIN.
2. Open File Folder to select &This BIN files.
3. Open Define Field Order Box and select &this format including SELECTING the PERIOD in the LAST BOX on the right and click APPLY.
4. Click on DEFINE FIELD ORDER to modify and make the LAST BOX in the order BLANK and click APPLY.

5. Click ADD FILES.
6. See song TITLES Truncated.

To further test.
Leave the DEFINE ORDER as is, Close and Open Hoster. Return to the Import Screen. Add &this BIN FOLDER. Add FILES to Import. See TITLES still Truncated.

Last edited by gd123; April 19th, 2017 at 02:11 PM.