View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2001, 05:34 PM

Thumbs up

WOW!! This program is well thought out and works nicely. Tabbing between controls is in a logical order you can make all the filtering adjustments easily using the keyboard. However, there is one small problem when tabbing and using the keyboard (more about that later).

I've tried vocal elimination on a few sample wave files and all worked as good or better than Vogone 1. A second pass through Vogone II can really cut out the vocal and, if you're not careful, a lot of the instrumentation.

Now to the tabbing idiosyncracy. When you tab to a slider control the 'Check MTU' button also becomes enabled (i.e. the button is shadowed). In this situation, if you are using the keyboard to adjust the slider and accidentally hit the 'Enter' key, your browser kicks in and you end up at the MTU site. This is not a big problem and may have something to do with the development language (M$VB???) but it would be nice if the button didn't get focus until the user tabbed to it or clicked on it.

Well, I had to say something negative on the first beta release to earn my keep. :-)

Great job.