Thread: Keyrite Vibrato
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Redmon View Post
"George Redmon, what would you like the live key changer built into Microstudio to do for you that it now doesn't" i guess the answer would be to work correctly. Both the Microstudio key changer, and the Keyrite both do this same "Vibrato" thing. But i am glad now you are aware of the problem. I never asked for a refund, instead i am hoping you fix the software, that would be better. And to just simply dismiss me with a take a refund or else attitude, does actually nothing in solving the tech issues you have with this product. And is of little benefit to the customer or MTU. Respectfully Yours, George Redmon
We have been aware of the vibrato for years. We have done major upgrades over the years, and it is much better. I'd estimate today that about 0.5% of our customers report it. More may hear and not report, so it may be 5%, but most do NOT hear it. Thus, it is not a high priority to fix... FINANCIALLY.

Please understand... I am a perfectionist. If you read the Testimonials on our Microsound workstation with Microeditor, you can see we obtained close to the ultimate DAW... and we are the first to ship (i.e. the founders) a DAW, as granted in print by Mix Magazine in 1997.

I do not like Keyrite's quality. I want perfection, but MTU is not Sony, and we have limited resources to apply at any given time.

We have been researching new algorithms, and believe we have found one that will do a better job. We will start on it this month. I hope before the year ends to offer a new Keyrite processor. We are well underway on Keyrite 3.000, which we could release this month. However, if the key change upgrade proves worthy, we'll add it before releasing 3.000.