View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by william burditt View Post
I have a new computer on order to arrive about 10 of March. It has Windows 7 with 64 bit. I have release 2.613 on my present computer which is Windows XP. Are there any plans to make Micro Studio compatible with 64 bit?
Yes they are going to have to try to make it 64 bit compatible. When this will be acomplished is the question. The problem is 64 bit operating systems handle the CD/DVD drives differently for the write function from the 32 bit systems. MTU has not been able to figure out how to make it work and Microsoft has been no help with this either. Right now they are working on Hoster trying to get the next release out.
The current version you have (2.613) is not setup for Vista or Windows 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by william burditt View Post
If not what can I do to get my songs off my hard drive to the hard drive of the new computer?
Bill
If you are networked then you can transfer the files via your network. Otherwise you will have to use a flash drive or an external hard drive to copy the files to and transfer them.

If you decide to go ahead and upgrade to the latest version of Microstudio, your existing files will play but you will not be able to write them to a CD (regardless of what version you put on the new computer.) and you may or may not be able to add any new ones from CD.
Also if you upgrade and copy your files over to the new computer the extension of the filenames for the songs will change from CDG to BIN. This is a change from the older versions, but does not effect the file itself, and it plays just fine. The reason for the change was to stop using CDG because it is overused and could be mistaken for a different type of file.