View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I have heard that country music rights holders have not increased fees as much, which may explain why 90% of Chartbuster new releases are country.
No thats not the reason actually. Chartbuster is a spinoff from the old "American Accompaniment" in nashville tn. American had a state of the art studio back then in nashville, and went to recording full time and gave up the karaoke aspect of their business, which was all cassette by the way, with the exception of 2 or 3 cdg's. I purchased one of each copy they had left in their library upon their closing up shop. When the FedEx man delivered those boxes of cassettes, my family thought i'd lost my mind. Took all of us about 10 minutes to unload that truck. Great multiplex and vocal track karaoke cassettes. Those old recordings beat anything...anything done today. Using the original musicians on mostly first run original tracks. So now chartbuster is located in Knoxville TN, and uses some of the same nashville studio musicians you hear that play on the original recordings on the radio today. Chartbuster is clearly the leader in country karaoke, just as american accompaniment was before them. Pocket Songs for instance is clearly the leader in big band, and standard music by the way. Pocket Songs are not known for their country releases by the same token. Hope this helps.