View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2009, 10:28 AM

I thought that downloads were digitally signed (like iTunes) to prove ownership. I am glad to hear that Karaoke-Version looks legit. Since they produce rather than resell, they have titles you can't get anywhere else, which is why I am looking at them. I suppose I could also ask the producers if certain download distributors were authorized by them. It just seems odd that with all the 'everyone is illegal' shouting going on that no one has actually made a naughty/nice list online. While I appreciate some of the information on the KIAA site, their vaugeness and lack of authority references makes me not trust their agenda.
PS. Since there are no karaoke producers left in Canada (increasing license fees have killed them), we Canadians have no option but to purchase from other countries. Many distributors (all in the US) use UPS to ship to Canada, which adds up to $70 to the cost of shipping. (UPS charges individual broker fees twice). Shipments from UK and Austrialia add about $10 (broker fees = almost zero). So bulk buying from the UK or AU isn't bad. If you just want 1 disk, however... It is much cheaper to download and burn your own disk. I haven't done this yet, but once I nail down legality you can bet I will.