View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:09 PM

Smile

Muzicman i tend to agree with everything you have said here. I have read up on this {organization} and by what i have read, most kj's don't support it either. Not calling then anything but concerned, as we all are. But i think most kj's don't like how this outfit is going about it. Also it's a form of selfpolicing, and charging a hefty fee to do it. They also expect you to put the finger on those you suspect of being illegal. But as i said, you better shore know for a fact they are, before you run up to the host put your finger in his face and call him a thief, in the name of some self ruling organization. Reminds me of the muscians union back in st louis in the late 60's early 70's when i played down on gaslight square. More busted heads then you could count, back then they settled dishonesty, job throat cutting, underpaying, stealing, venue turf wars the old fashioned way, with knives, clubs and guns. But with all said, i think in todays economy, there are those that will steal from their grandmother if they could get away with it. It's not right..nope...but it goes with the territory i guess. Would i, if i knew 100% for a fact some clown was running a piece of trash show with bought ebay hard drives that had stolen songs on it turn him in? well...after us local kj's had a short private talk with him, and he regained his health, most likely wouldn't have to....