View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Hopefully we are responsible enough to know that the individual we report on is truly using illegal material. If someone is breaking into a house in your neighbor's house or you know that someone is selling drugs would you not report it? I would hope so. The same goes for piracy. It is against the law.
I would like to add this in regard to Sound Choice and the KIAA. Sound Choice moved part of their operation to Australia. When asked why they opened a branch in Australia, when the only difference was there was is 4000 more songs in the Australian SC library than there was in the US library. The SC director of operations replied, "4000 songs". Seems SC cannot get licensed in the USA to reproduce these 4000 songs, but under Australian law they can. The point of this is if SC sold these songs in the US, they would be guilty of piracy, but find no fault in selling these songs legally from Australia to american KJs, who then can be arrested for piracy for using, by american law, and illegal song file, bought legally from another country, piracy knowingly created by SC. No matter how a KJ got one on these files, they would be illegal by KIAA and USA standards. I feel SC blatantly skirted paying copy right fees on these songs by getting a license to sell these same files from Australia. If this isn't a form of piracy, then there is no such thing.
And these are the folks pushing KIAA to pursue piracy, when they have circumvented the US copyright laws for their own form of Piracy
Yes, Dale, I agree with your statement, but this thread is supposed to be about the KIAA and their method of operations. Its ironic that Sound Choice can sell a song file from another country, knowing its illegal in the USA, violating the very laws they are pushing the KIAA to enforce that can result in a KJ being arrested and fined for a illegal downloaded song sold by SC. Let's see, a USA fine per song for illegal copyright violation is around $15,000.00 per song, totaling a whopping $60 million in fines Sound Choice would face for selling these 4000 song files in the USA. Now do you combat piracy by aiding a company that is guilty of piracy themselves. That is the question here.
Muzicman144