View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:48 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Sam, do a search for "Backup cameras for vehicles" There are lots of choices out there that power directly from the car (no power supply needed). Some are wireless and nearly all hav an LCD screen from 4" -7" that are part of the set.
I'm planning on this as well. My main concern is a camra that will display the lane on the right side of the van as most of it is a blind spot. Convex mirrors are a help but because the image is distorted it can be difficult to gauge distance of what you see out of them. Changing lanes often times is a process of plenty of warning with the turn signal and then drift over slowly so someone I can't see will have time to honk
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo
you can buy those 5" lcd tv/monitor from www.pssl.com ( vocopro ) they are kinda pricy though, but you can buy a small black& white 5 inch. tv from Brandsmart for less than $15.00 i have those it has an rca audio/video out (battery /ac / car adapter )power supply, we used them during the hurricane season here in Florida, heck it even has a am/fm radio in it, i even used it in one of my show at one time..works good
Thanks I'll check into those.
I used to have 3 b&W tv in my rack for cueing up the next singer, so I've got those but they are bulky and could never get them to work with my home security camera's.

Back on topic:
I would sure think that if a breakin period was necessary the manufacturers would include this information with their product otherwise they would get stuck with claims against the warranty that might have been avoided.

Sam