View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2009, 12:25 AM

Thank you for bringing this up. I was going to start a thread addressing this problem. Hoster has given me lots of problems with the new upgrade. When music is playing in media player now, hoster actually interupts it when doing a search of the singers song database or when trying to rip cd's where it never used to before.

I have also noticed now that hoster seems to screw up badly when you attempt to add a CD brought into your show, especially while a song is playing in hoster. Used to be able to do this flawlessly before. Now the song timing will get messed up or other glitches.

Even though I had pleanty of Ram before, thinking it might help I upped the computer from 1.5 to 4 gig. (yes I know XP pro only uses 3 of the 4) This did nothing for this issue. The only other issue I can possibly have is my raid array. I am thinking I need to pull both my drives out of the computer and double check that they are both 400 gig WD blacks. (fast drives)

I know they are making changes to make hoster more vista friendly, but I sure hope this is not at the expense of the loyal XP users. I hope someone can nail down what is causing hoster to become such a hog where it used to be able to run with multiple other programs in the backround at the same time. I would choose a program that runs smooth over one that looks nice and runs choppy any day.

Thank you in advance for all you guys do at MTU.